Installing Unsigned Drivers in Windows 8
Windows 8 has made the driver signature check more difficult to override. In earlier versions, Windows issues a warning if the driver is not digitally certified; now Windows 8 does not allow the installation of unsigned driver without disabling the driver signature check feature. This would cause problems as the device drivers from Contec Medical System and ChoiceMMed are not certified and cannot be installed when the driver signature check feature is on.
Before you install any of the software, such as MedView, SpO2 Assistant, Keep-it-Easy..., turn off the signature check as follows.
- Bring up the Charms bar by entering WIN+C on the keyboard or move the mouse pointer to the upper or lower corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings" from the Charms bar and then "Change PC settings" >> "General".
- Find the "Advanced startup section" and hit the "Restart now" button.
- Select "Troubleshoot" >> "Advanced options" >> "Startup Settings" >> "Restart".
- The PC will now restart. During startup, Windows 8 displays a menu of various startup options. Use the keyboard to select the option "Diable driver signature enforcement."
- Now you are ready to install the software.