Choice Medical MD300C1 - Precautions
Choice Medical MD300C1 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter - Precautions
Precautions for use
- Do not use the pulse oximeter in an MRI or CT environment
- Do not use the pulse oximeter in situations where alarms are required. The device has no alarms.
- Explosion hazard: Do not use the pulse oximeter in an explosive atmosphere.
- The pulse oximeter is intended only as an adjunct in patient assessment. It must be used in conjunction with other methods of assessing clinical signs and symptoms.
- Check the pulse oximeter sensor application site frequently to determine the positioning of the sensor and circulation and skin sensitivity of the patient.
- Do not stretch the adhesive tape while applying the pulse oximeter sensor. This may cause inaccurate readings or skin blisters.
- Before use, carefully read the manual.
- The pulse oximeter has no SpO2 alarms; it is not for continuous monitoring, as indicated by the symbol.
- Prolonged use or the patient’s condition may require changing the sensor site periodically. Change sensor site and check skin integrity, circulatory status, and correct alignment at least every 4 hours.
- Inaccurate measurements may be caused by autoclaving, ethylene oxide sterilizing, or immersing the sensors in liquid may cause inaccurate readings.
- Significant levels of dysfunctional hemoglobins(such as carbonxy-hemoglobin or methemoglobin)
- Intravascular dyes such as indocyanine green or methylene blue
- SpO2 measurements may be adversely affected in the presence of high ambient light. Shield the sensor area (with a surgical towel, or direct sunlight, for example) if necessary.
- Excessive patient movement
- Venous pulsations
- Placement of a sensor on an extremity with a blood pressure cuff, arterial catheter, or intravascular line
- The patient has hypotension, severe vasoconstriction, severe anemia, or hypothermia
- The patient is in cardiac arrest or is in shock
- Fingernail polish or false fingernails may cause inaccurate SpO2 readings.
- Follow local ordinances and recycling instructions regarding disposal or recycling of the device and device components, including batteries.